Lacking sensuality is not only your problem; thousands of women around the globe are suffering from it. You may be thinking of the ways to get over it, and get back the old love for sex again. Don’t worry fluctuation of women’s sexual desire is a proven medical fact. The peak and lows are result on ongoing situation in life and major changes like illness, pregnancy and menopause. If lack of interest persists continuously and after being cured returns again causing personal distress, you are victim to hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD).
Causes of lack of desire
Sexual arousal is a result of many complex processes and factors which incorporate physical and emotional well- being, intimacy, beliefs, lifestyle, experiences and the status of current relationship. Problem in any of these arenas can reduce your desire for intercourse.
Physical causes: Medications, physical changes and illnesses can cause low sex drive. Here are a few problems which may affect you:
- Sexual problems- Pain during sex or lack of orgasm can reduce your desire for sex and may deprive you of the most esteemed pleasure on the earth. They are a cause of concern and you need immediate medical assistance.
- Medical diseases: Non sexual diseases can also affect desire for sex. They are generally chronic diseases including coronary artery diseases, arthritis, neurological diseases, cancer, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Medications: Prescription drugs reduce sex drive by therapeutically altering enzymes. Antidepressants called selective serotonin play major role in subduing sex desire and affecting normal sexual life.
- Lifestyle habits: Moderate amount of wine may arouse you but excessive amount of alcohol puts the sex drive to low. Blood flow is decreased by smoking and may result in dull arousal.
Pregnancy and breast feeding reduce your desire for love as your attention shifts to the coming guest rather than entertaining the existing one. Menopause causes irritated moods and you may not feel arousal.
State of mind has a big impact on sex drive and these factors may destroy your mood
- Poor body image
- Low self esteem
- Sexual abuse or physical abuse in past
- Negative sexual experiences
Whatever the reason be, lack of sex drive puts an end to normal sexual life and relation between you and your partner does not remain the same. Take care of yourself and get rid of sexual disorders by right medication.